This Privacy Notice relates to the processing of any information provided to us that can be linked to a specific individual, (hereinafter “Personal Data”).
In the course of providing our Services to you, we may be required to process certain Personal Data that is provided to us. We confirm that we will process such Personal Data in our capacity as a Data Controller, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, including, where applicable, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Data protection laws may differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, however, they are all primarily designed to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights typically cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing or use of personal data and, with respect to the GDPR, the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. You are entitled in most instances to access and obtain a copy of your Personal Data. Such access will be granted in a timely fashion and at no expense to you. You may request to have your personal Data corrected if your information is inaccurate or incomplete. You may further request to have your Personal Data deleted if we are not processing your information in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations applicable to you and/or operating in your country. If you would like further information on the way in which we process and protect your Personal Data, how to access and correct your Personal Data, how to object to the processing of your Personal Data, or to generally know more about the specific rights available to you as a data subject, please contact us via the details provided hereinbelow.
We confirm that will only collect and use the Personal Data provided to us to provide our Services to you, which includes the production of personalised documents, making telephone contact with you, and corresponding with you via email. In providing your instructions to us to provide the Services, you expressly consent to the processing of your Personal Data for these purposes.
Our legitimate interest and the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data
We will be required to process your Personal Data in order to meet our contractual obligations to you in the provision of our Services, and such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you, the data subject, is a party.
Your Consent to Processing of your Personal Data
By agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Notice you are consenting to us processing your Personal Data for the purposes outlined herein. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via the details provided hereinbelow.
Third Party Disclosure
We may, where required in order to facilitate the provision of our Services to you, disclose your Personal Data to third parties exclusively to perform tasks in connection with Services, or to provide various IT and other administrative or support services on our behalf. To the extent that this is required, we shall ensure that such third parties process such Personal Data in accordance with our instructions, this Privacy Notice, and all applicable laws and regulations.
For the avoidance of doubt, and save for otherwise outlined herein, we will not provide your Personal Data to any other third party without your prior written consent. Where compelled by law, regulation, valid governmental request, or similar legal or regulatory process, we may be required to provide your Personal Data to such parties charged with governance, and unless otherwise precluded by law or regulation we will advise you of any such disclosure as soon as practicable upon receipt of any such request by us.
We may also enforce our General Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential breaches thereof, or conducting investigations designed to detect, obviate or mitigate any material misrepresentations, fraud or other security or technical issues; or to safeguard against imminent harm to the rights, or property of CVGarden, its’ clients, and/or its other suppliers and associates.
Our Retention Policy and the Destruction of your Personal Data
We will process all Personal Data provided to us during the course of our Services to you, and will maintain secure storage of such Personal Data for a reasonable period after the Services have been completed, in accordance with any applicable legal obligations, including the maintenance of appropriate professional records. Your Personal Data will thereafter be deleted and/or expunged (in so far as is reasonable practical), as soon as it is no longer required, or after a maximum period of 5 years, whichever is the earlier.
Data obtained in connection with our Services is held in Denmark using different (multiple) servers and CVGarden does not store any Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
You remain free at any time whilst we are in possession of your Personal Data to exercise the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have the right to request the correction of any data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you may have a right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to request the data we hold about you to be transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that we may have an objection to any request by you to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, we will provide you with a written explanation for the basis of our objection.
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
More particularly, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on our legitimate interests, or that of a third party, and information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
In order to process any access requests, we will require satisfactory proof of identity, such as a copy of your Passport, national ID card, driving license or birth certificate, in addition to a utility bill or other proof of current address not than three months old. We will require a minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and one further supporting document.
All access requests can be made by writing to us at the address listed below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your Personal Data is being processed, you may contact us as follows:
Attention: Data Privacy Leader